Knowing a unique value proposition is one of the most important reasons a customer chooses a brand, a business, and its products and services. However, a unique proposition usually doesn't last forever. At some point, they are no longer relevant to the people and stop being the reason of preference. What could have been very interesting and appealing to your customers five years ago, today is just one more thing everyone is offering.
This ¨uniqueness¨ loses importance for two reasons:
- First, because the competition started to offer something very similar to you or is just no longer something exclusive.
- Two, simply because people lose interest, change their tastes, preferences and interests.
So, what exactly is a value proposition?
A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you.
A value proposition is a clear statement that contains:
1- How your education agency solves your customer's problems.
2- How you improve your client's situation.
3- Explains to your ideal customer a unique benefit and why they should buy from you and not from the competition.
So, how do you create a winning value proposition?
The best value proposition is clear. What is it, for whom and how is it useful? If those questions are answered, you’re on the right path. Always strive for clarity first.
Building your value proposition:
- Who is it for: your target customers (ideal customers)
- Who is dissatisfied with (the current alternative)
- Your education agency offers something (new - unique)
- That provides (key problem-solving capabilities to your ideal customers)
- Unlike (the competition alternatives)
To help you develop this process, think, what problems do you understand uniquely well. What solution can you deliver uniquely well? What kind of disruptive business model can you bring to the market?
There are many benefits of creating a unique value proposition:
- You offer something unique for your ideal customer. That differentiates you from the competition.
- People choose you because of you. Not because of Price.
- You will be able to attract ideal customers to your education agency and make the selling process easier.
- You will have a clear idea in what makes you unique, and how to take advantage of that during the selling process.
- People will easily understand what makes you different from the other hundreds of agencies in your market.
So, what sets your agency apart from the competition?